Monday, March 16, 2009

Taiwan Holiday [Day 1]

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for so long cos I was on holiday at Taiwan last week! But I'm back with new updates for all my readers and a special shout-out to all my silent supporters (Vanessa! See I mentioned you! =)

Have been planning for this trip for some time! We initially wanted to go for a holiday end of last year and didn't get down to it so I decided that we better start planning and working towards really going for a holiday. We were deciding between Taiwan and Korea and finally decided on Taiwan =) It would be a good break for us especially for Joe before he starts his SOT end of March! Btw dear, I am so proud that you are taking a step of faith to go to Bible School. =)

Day 1

Only started packing the morning we were due to leave! It was a real rush to get all our stuff together! Then we proceeded to the airport for our usual Popeyes meal before every trip =) We took Jetstar and I find it generally ok cos I guess I am short so it doesn't seem cramped to me. Joe thinks otherwise!

When we reached Taipei, the weather was SUPER COLD! We were totally unprepared for it! I brought mainly sleeveless tops even! Sigh.. we had to resort to lots of layering to keep warm! After we checked in to our hotel, Keyman's, we quickly made our way to Shilin Night Market. When you go to Shilin, the thing on everyone's mind is FOOD! We din really stuff ourselves cos the first thing we had was so filling! Hao Da Fried Chicken Cutlet - it was super huge, bigger than your palm, nicely fried and very juicy. The chicken cutlet thingy that our so-called Shilin franchise stalls sell are a very poor imitation of the real thing! I still drool when I think of the cutlet! But Joe and me got a sore throat the next day when we woke up =(

Shall post up more pictures of our adventures the next few days - be patient =p

You can read more about the rest of my holiday here~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...